MonoRail’s 3 goal is based on our experience and perception of the “state of the union” and trends. If we could put them in three simple statements:
- We are mentally tired of crafting web sites despite huge functionality overlaps (combine/compose).
- We are tired of REST being an afterthought to existing websites (rest support from the beginning).
- We tired of frameworks created by people without actual website building experience (frictionless).
The goals/roadmap/value-proposition were discussed in the past in our development list:
- Since our underlying runtime (CLR) is keen on static typing then fully embrace it
- Move forward: embrace HTML5
- Simplify special render for different form factors
- Strive for simplicity, but no simpler